We will turn your physical mail into email.
Terms & Conditions
(Valid from the 1 January 2015)
Subject to the customer ("the Customer") observing the Terms and Conditions set out below, www.mailboxgibraltar.com ("the Company") agrees to provide a mailbox service ("the Mailbox Service") to the Customer for the term ("the Term") at the premises ("the Premises") upon receipt of the payment (“the Payment”).The Company and its original content, features and functionality are owned by Matilda Holdings Limited and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. The Company reserves the right, to modify or replace these Terms and Conditions by posting the updated terms on the Site. Your continued use of the Site after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
- The Mailbox Service provided by the Company will consist of the following services:
- The Company will provide the Customer with a mailbox address at the Premises for the delivery of documents (“Mail”) for which the Customer will pay a Fee.
- The Company will receive on the Customer's behalf items of Special, registered or recorded delivery Mail provided that, if the Customer refuses to accept any such item, the Customer will pay any costs or fees associated with its refusal or return.
- The Company will handle the Mail received according to the Customer’s instructions.
- Payment for the Mailbox Service ("the Payment") is payable in full in advance. The Customer may terminate the Mailbox Service at any time. There will be no refunds for early termination by the Customer.
- The Company may in its absolute discretion refuse to accept delivery of any item for any reason, including, without limitation, that:
- any Payment is outstanding; or
- in the Company’s opinion, delivery of the item is in breach of Condition 8; or
- the Customer is using the Mailbox Service for the delivery of large items of Mail or an unreasonable volume of items of Mail; or
- if the Mailbox Service is being used for the storage or delivery of items of value.
- If the Customer breaches any of these Terms and Conditions, the Company may terminate the Mailbox Service forthwith. The Customer following termination hereby authorises the Company at the Company's absolute discretion either to retain, or destroy any items of Mail addressed to the Customer or any items on the Premises which are the property of the Customer, or to return them to the sender, or to return them to the last known address of the Customer at the Customer's risk.
- If the Customer fails to make any Payment, any Mail received after the expiry of the existing agreement may, at the Company's absolute discretion, be retained for up to 30 days pending Payment.
- If the Customer uses the Mailbox Service address within any advertising undertaken via third parties including but not limited to printed or online directories, search engine portals or on the Customer’s own or any other websites, Payment will be required to cover the entire advertising period for which the Mailbox Service address is displayed.
- If any Payments or other sums are outstanding to the Company, the Company shall have a lien over all uncollected items until such Payments are duly made.
- The Customer undertakes
- not to use the Mailbox Service for any purpose which in the Company’s considered opinion may be deemed to be illegal or antisocial and if it does so it acknowledges that the Company may report the same to any relevant authority; and
- not to send or deliver or permit to be sent or delivered to the Premises any illegal, defamatory, obscene, dangerous or bulky object or material.
- If the Customer is in breach of condition 8 of these Terms and Conditions, then the Company may terminate the Mailbox Service with immediate effect. In this instance there will be no refund of the Payment
- The Customer authorises the Company and any of its representatives to sign at their discretion on the Customer’s behalf for any deliveries addressed to the Customer’s mailbox address.
- If the Customer fails to remove any item within 90 days of notice to that effect being given ("the Notice Date") then the Customer hereby authorises the Company in its absolute discretion to destroy such items.
- The Customer will indemnify the Company against any expense, liability, loss, claim or proceedings incurred by the Company arising from use by the Customer of the Mailbox Service, except to the extent that the same is caused by the negligence of the Company.
- The Customer may check by telephone or email to see if they have any Mail.
- The Mailbox Service is not to be used for the storage or delivery of items of value. The Company has no knowledge of the value of any item of Mail and will not accept notification of value.
- The Company shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss, including loss of profit, nor for any liabilities, costs, claims, demands or expenses arising from any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, any loss, damage, delay or misdelivery on the part of the postal service or any other carrier.
- The Company may at its sole discretion refuse to offer the Mailbox Service to a minor.
- The Company are not able to receive and forward packages. The service is designed for standard letter type post. The reasons for this are as follows:
- Packages represent a security risk to our premises and staff as we do not know what they contain.
- We do not wish to be held responsible for the contents of packages so therefore will not handle them.
- Unfortunately criminals attempt to use services such as this to order goods with stolen credit cards and avoid detection by creating a chain of addresses. By not handling goods or packages we prevent this.
- Any packages received will be rejected.
- The rights and obligations of the Company and the Customer under this Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Gibraltar.
- The Customer may not assign any of its rights or benefits hereunder.
- These Terms and Conditions shall prevail notwithstanding any conflict with the terms and conditions of any order or contract submitted by the Customer in respect of the Mailbox Service or any other services provided by the Company.
- The Customer may cancel the order and receive a full refund provided the Company receives the Customer’s request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the purchase transaction. The Term will commence at this time. In all other circumstances clause 2 will apply.
- The Company is obliged to maintain accurate and current details of the Customer as required by relevant Gibraltar authorities. These requirements may change from time to time. The Customer will promptly advise any change in details and provide all information reasonably requested and accepts that Mail may be withheld and/or inspected at the Company’s discretion, pending investigation of information provided
- The Customer may be asked to provide a copy of a form of identification and a proof of address. The Company may disclose this information if requested by an appropriate authority or if required for the pursuit of legal action.
- Under the material Money Laundering and Proceeds legislation (as updated from time to time), and where applicable, the Company may be required to verify the identity of the Customer and any additional names associated. This may include checking against electronic and other databases (public or otherwise).
- Data Protection Act 2004 (the Act)
- Any information provided by the Customer in connection with the Mailbox Service may be used to verify identity. Customer information will be held securely on the Company’s systems.
- Information will not be passed to any other party without the Customer’s express permission, unless the Company is required to do so by law or regulation.
- The Company will store the Customer’s information and verification thereof in accordance with relevant legislation and the Act after which it will be destroyed. The Company may share any information collected with the Police and/or other law enforcement agencies to assist withinvestigations and/or enquiries as well as other public or private sector agencies or representative bodies complying with legislation and in accordance with relevant statutory and regulatory obligations.